QVST 2020 Season Registration UPDATES
We hope everyone is healthy and looking forward to the summer! Although the 2020 swim season is still up in the air, we need to get a swimmer headcount! If we do not get enough swimmers we will not be able to participate in the league (if local restrictions are lifted).
If you have not already registered for this season, please follow THIS LINK to complete the preliminary registration form - which allows you to register WITHOUT payment. (The registration tab on the website will still prompt for payment, so please use this link!)
As per the Southwest Houston Recreational Swim League (SHRSL), this is the current plan for the 2020 swim season:
- First Meet – June 1 (as previously posted)
- We are willing to push back one week to June 8. If it looks like we need to push further than that, we’ll have to cancel the season for obvious reasons.
- Final call on the season will be made by May 29 by noon, to accommodate a June 8 start (that would involve a canceled June 1 meet).
- Registration has to start NOW for any of this to happen.
- The End of Season is a fixed date - it will NOT go past July 10 (date corrected).
- Please Please Please be flexible and know we are trying to NOT cancel, but trying to be smart/conscientious at the same time. Know that the League Board will make what we think is the best decision possible for the League.
- Please share any creative ideas/suggestions/concerns with [email protected] and we’ll get back with you!
For more information from the SHRSL, visit their website at https://shrsl.org/2020/04/19/2020-update/. They are updating periodically.
Ultimately, no one knows what life will look like in a month. The swim league and the QVST Board are closely watching local guidelines and restrictions. Hopefully a decision will be made by May 15 as to whether the season will be cancelled or not, but if that is not possible a final decision will be made by May 29 at noon.
Stay home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.
The QVST Board