Our Coach: Katie Squires
Coach Katie grew up in the water and comes from a family of swimmers turned coaches. In addition to swimming competitively, she has been teaching people of all ages to swim for 19 years and is certified in CPR/Lifeguarding/First aid. Some even call her the “swim whisperer”. Not only is being in the water a passion, but water safety is also at the top of her list. In fact, her motto is “Keeping children safer, one swimmer at a time”.
In her time off, Coach Katie can be found juggling her 5 kiddos and her 2 adorable doggies. We welcome Coach Katie to the Dolphins!
- 14 years as a swimmer
- 19 years as swim coach/instructor; hundreds of students have learned to swim
- 9 years leading junior coaches
- CPR/first aid
- Lifeguard instructor
- Learn to swim for children and adults
- Stroke techniques
- Competitive swimmers
- Children with special needs
- One word that describes me: indescribable
- Favorite stroke: I don’t really have a favorite stroke but IM (individual medley) is my favorite event
- Favorite hobby: Going to the beach
- Other little known facts: I will never turn down donuts, enjoy going to wiener dog races and I love baseball (Go Astros!!)
- What are you looking forward to for QVST summer swim? Watching all the QV Dolphin swimmers improve over the season while having lots of fun along the way!
Thank you for leading our pod of dolphins, Coach Katie!